Saturday, October 5, 2013

What's new with you? Let me know if you have something you want to share with the other members of SAQA PA. 

Speaking of new, what do you think of the new website? Having any problems? SAQA wants to know so they can be addressed.  Like it immensely?  I'm sure positive comments would be greatly appreciated by the board!  ( Board@SAQA.com )

Also, I am curious to hear what you think about the new nomenclature for members. I for one am not thrilled with it. Going from Active Member to Supporting Member seems like a step backward. There have been a lot of posts to the SAQA@yahoogroups.com. If you have comments or concerns you can email them to the board (Board@SAQA.com or me at meredithea@verizon.net )

I'm also a little confused by the new label for Professional Artist Member...now Studio Artist Member. Isn't the name of the organization STUDIO ART QUILT ASSOCIATES ??  Aren't we all by definition studio artists? What do you think?

In September, I was fortunate to visit the Philadelphia Expo show with Elizabeth Bennett and Cindy Friedman. Viewing and discussing the work with them was very informative! One question that was raised during our visit was if other art groups use themes for their calls for entry, and if so, how do they compare to the type of themes SAQA uses? Any thoughts? I haven't researched it yet, but it's on my list!

A reminder for those of you who live near enough to attend, the next Parlor Meeting will take place in Lititz, PA at the General Sutter Inn on Sunday, December 8, 2013 starting at 12:30pm. Would love to have you join in. We will enjoy lunch ordered from the menu while we visit and share tips, then move on to showing our work, either for show only or for critique/discussion. As I've said before, I found the information, from comments about my work as well as those shared about others work, very helpful.  Please RSVP to me (meredithea@verizon.net) by Monday, December 2, so I can make arrangements with the Inn.

 
If you are traveling through the Atlanta airport in the near future, you will be pleasantly surprised to see a new piece CINDY FRIEDMAN created specifically for a fiber installation there. I was fortunate to get to see it in her studio, newly finished and ready to go.  WOW!!!  Congratulations Cindy.

Interested in celebrating SAQA's 25th anniversary by submitting an entry for the  SAQA 2014 trunk show? The deadline for the 10"x7" entry is January 31, 2014. More information is on the SAQA website.
 
Also mark your calendars! In conjunction with the ART QUILT ELEMENTS 2014 SHOW held at the Wayne Art Center  SAQA  PA is presenting a symposium, "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?" Save the date and keep you eyes open for more information.

Hope you are all enjoying the fall colors and being productive in your studios!





No comments:

Post a Comment